Our Mission & Vision
United Way of Door County Mission Statement
Empowering people is the focus of United Way.
We identify community needs and foster synergy between businesses, government, individuals, and non-profits to improve lives and thereby strengthen the entire community.
United Way of Door County Vision Statement
We will be a leader in Door County by facilitating, promoting, and ensuring the availability of services that meet the needs of the community as an effective and efficient conduit for philanthropic resources.
…Our stakeholders include donors who entrust us with their dollars; volunteers who contribute time and talent; partner organizations who provide direct services; and the members of our community whose lives are improved, directly and indirectly, by our presence. Our goal is that our presence reflects and balances the needs and expectations of our stakeholders. Our aim is to use our expertise to add value to Door County through assessing community needs; collaborating with and ensuring accountability of partner organizations; and identifying and raising funds.
Our vision is of a community where:
- Family and community wellness are promoted; Childcare and early education are available to working families;
- Basic needs such as food, shelter, transportation, and clothing are met;
- The lives of special segments of the population including elderly, disabled, and mentally ill are enhanced;
- Healthcare is available to all; and
- Youth are provided with opportunities for positive development.
To meet this vision we will:
- Listen; we are in a unique position to bring together diverse voices and to balance diverse perspectives;
- Facilitate; we will sometimes lead, sometimes guide, sometimes push, and sometimes stay out of the way;
- Protect our stakeholders interests;
- Encourage innovation, recognizing that this will require taking risks and making mistakes; and
- Respond to the changing needs of the work place, industry and society; we recognize the value of the lessons of the past; however, we face many challenges. We will be flexible, open and adaptable.
Extend your caring... Please remember United Way of Door County in your will or trust, and let us know when you do.